Project Beginnings

Sedona, Arizona, United States
The original idea came from a woman we read about, who lost her son Ben. His mother, Jeannette Maré, began fashioning bells as a therapy at first and then as a tribute. Twice a year they are hung around Tucson, with a note inviting those who find them to take them and let them serve as a reminder to spread kindness. It was kindness, after all - simple, everyday acts of human kindness - that had helped Maré through the hardest days after Ben died. Read more: http://www.BensBells.org Our sincere hope is that your charm finds you and inspires you to spread kindness in many ways, whether you are from Sedona or another area. You are welcome to leave comments on where your charms “found” you and what it meant to you. You can also contact us at CharmedSedona@gmail.com or at Charmed Sedona on Facebook.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014


I was reading the email that I received from J and Sand the Women of Sedona as I sit here thinking of my baby grandson and still trying to come to terms that that loss.  It made me wonder if I had ever shared any pictures of the women who gathered at my house to make charms or any pics of the charms themselves.

I want you to know that I received pictures of a charm left in Hawaii (and when they went back the next day, it was gone), one in Mexico and one in Albuquerque -- all found within days.   I actually got some pics of a few of them charms that were placed about. 

I am still trying to come to terms with the loss of that sweet baby and find that I had to put aside the charms for awhile in an attempt to try and "move on" --  I am finding, though, that the kindness message has truly touched those involved and those that have found them. 

I give a scholarship in memory of my grandson.  Last year, in with the scholarship certificate, I enclosed a kindness charm. It was displayed at the graduation reception and many people read the story of how we found ours in Sedona.  
Please pass on my greetings and best wishes.  I will try to send you a couple of pics, too. 

Thank you.

TS
Montevideo, MN

PS

I was notified that a charm was placed (and found) in Hawaii, Mexico, and at a county fair here in MN.  A little boy also found a charm on a walking path here in our home town.  His mother--who knew the story of the Women of Sedona and of little Charlie--was able to share that story with her son who chose to take home the charm and keep it on his bulletin board in his bedroom. 

I kind of lost count of the number of charms that we have made, but I would guess it to be well over 200 .   I took pictures of the every one at first, but have not recently done so---I would recognize them, though.  



(Apologies for not being able to turn this picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment